Wednesday, September 30, 2009

99 Luft Balloons


In an attempt to put off actual work that needs to be done, I am instead playing around of iTunes.


Listening to music is magical. I realize that that sounds cliche and lame, but it is in fact very very true. Sure, some songs I listen to because they have a nice beat or cool sound, but most songs take me back to somewhere. That's the amazing thing about music. You hear a song and can immediately relate it to a time and place. Maybe it was one of those perfect days where you were walking around the park in silent bliss or maybe it was one of those days where nothing in the world seemed right and all you could do was cry or maybe it was even one of those days when you were with a group of people you love doing something you know you will never be able to forget or maybe it was a day when the whole world came crashing down around you. Regardless, music evokes emotion. That is the point. That is why I love it.


Just a few...


Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling"- Driving over a bridge into Savannah, GA on a perfect summer night with a car full of my best friends. We all felt untouchable. I am sure of it.


Rick Ross "Hustling"- Going to a dance workshop with my dance girls. We listened to it on repeat the entire way. I learned every word. Unfortunately.


The Kooks "Naive"- A concert I went to. One of the most fun nights of my life. We drove to Columbus, jammed ourselves into a full concert hall, and spent the rest of the night doing nothing but dancing and being happy.


Dave Matthews Band "Crash into Me"- An absolutely horrible day last winter when I had no idea what to do. I was at my dance studio, went into a room alone, and danced until I cried.


Nena "99 Luft Balloons" (The German version, of course)- When my little sister found this song she was thrilled. We'd loved it for years and stumling upon it made the day complete.


Regina Spekto "Us"- This is the song I listen to and then feel inspired. I feel like when this song is playing the world is perfect and I am capable of doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment