Wednesday, September 23, 2009


I am in my hometown of Marietta this week with nothing to do. Ah, what a magnificent feeling.


I have lived here for almost my entire life and genuinely love it. Granted it's a pretty small place, with not a lot to do, but it's still my home. The people are friendly, there are a couple of delicious restuarants (hello, Buckley House and Austyn's), the houses are gorgeous, and the Ohio River is always shining brightly. It's a great place to be.


I was chatting with a friend last evening and she informed me that it's her goal to never return to Marietta. She said that there are better places in the world and this town means nothing to her anymore. She claims to only remember the bad things that happened here and none of the 18 years of fun she spent here. Personally, I believe that she is being semi-ridiculous. Sure there are larger, more vibrant, more cultured places on the earth, but that doesn't make Marietta any less special. This town is great, a quintessential American town. And I love it. Regardless.


Today was perfect. I spent the afternoon meandering around town visiting some of my favorite places and people. I had lunch with two of my very best friends at Marietta College. It is one of the lovliest college campuses ever and they both seem to enjoy their time there. I went to Giant Eage (my favorite grocery store), and took some photographs around town as well. It was an all over good day.


My sister promised to make me a delicious spaghetti dinner and I have a date with my dearest friend Ashley tonight. This week is going to be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment