Friday, October 2, 2009

Pony Epress








A few of the things that constitute a perfect day...


  • blue sky, sun shining
  • wearing a dress

  • being with people I love

  • the presence of bacon chocolate

  • a large piece of salmon

  • watching an episode of Gossip Girl

  • buying a new sweater

  • driving around with the windows down

  • picking flowers

  • shopping for food

  • GETTING A LETTER


There is almost nothing better than the feeling of recieveing a letter in the mail. Every day I check my mailbox. Sometimes there is nothing, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised by a fresh issue of Vanity Fair, and then there are those perfect days when I get a letter.



People say it all the time, but the art of letter writing is sadly disappearing. With texts, twitters, facebooks, and e-mails there is no real need to send snail mail. But where is the fun in that? The feeling of ripping open an evelope and logging into an e-mail account cannot and should not be compared.



Sometimes I feel outdated, but I genuinely love sending and getting letters. It is, hands down, my favorite form of communication. Picking out stationary, stamps, pens, and envelopes is thrilling to me, as lame as that sounds. I am currently infatuated by the thick, luscious Crane and Co. stationary that I purchased at a bookstore the other day. Sending a letter is almost as much fun as recieving one. Almost.



So while the world advances and letters become even more obsolete, I am going to be doing just the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment