Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Monday. I am in the library. Shock. I lost a cottage cheese eating contest today.

Saturday night was not one of the best nights I've ever had. Actually it was one of the worst. So, by Sunday morning it was time for something fun. I bundled up in a cute fall outfit and hit the street. I had no destination. Just a lot of time, my iPod, and a building hunger for a delicious bagel.

My first stop ended up being a bookstore where I was able to replenish my stationary collection. I got these really cool cards with hand-sewn flowers on them. I also got a fresh moleskine that I believe is going to have a very interesting life.

Soon after I ran into a bagel shop, and let me tell you, bacon cream cheese is the BEST idea ever. Absolutely delicious.

I kept meandering and ran into this tiny church. It was smack-dab in the middle of town. It was fenced off and had a gorgeous garden surrounding it. The place was almost magical. It was perfection surrounded by definite not perfection. I desperately wanted to go inside, but the door was locked.

After spending plenty of time meandering around, I noticed that 9 out of 10 people were carrying little white paper bags filled with mini doughnuts. I stumbled out of a really fun coffee shop and low and behold the doughnuts were right next door. I got a bag of powdered sugar ones and spent ten or so minutes in a state of pure bliss. They were that good.

A perfect Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment