Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Old Friend


Meet Abner, one of my closest friends. Yes, I realize that he is a stuffed pig, but that's not what matters...

Abner came into my life in the 5th grade. My friends and I were in Coulumbus after a big basketball tournament and we persauded our parents to take us into Build-A-Bear. I was no stranger to Build-A-Bear so I knew the ropes. I already had a rabbit, Caroline, a bear, Peanut, a lamb, Mac Daddy, and a koala bear, Mr. Snicklefritz. I saw a pig sitting there and I knew I had to stuff it and make it my own. And so Abner was born!

Over the years the other stuffed friends fell by the wayside, but I have never spent a night without Abner. He's been to 23 states and 5 countries. I must admit that I'm attached to him. It seems childish and somewhat pathetic, but I can't help it. Abner is one of those things that's remained stable in my life for years. I know that even if my day is absolute insanity, he'll be there waiting when I get home.

The two of us have been together for years: gradutions, deaths, vacations, new schools, new boyfriends. Almost everything in my life has changed since I got him, but he reminds me that that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment